Sound off!! Whats your favorite Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic M-1 and Atomic Z-1 for my Octo :eyebrow:

MR22 first stage with Atomic B1 second works like a champ plus the swivel is cool.

Those who can - dive, those who can't teach snorkling.

Mares V16 Proton.. Works Fine for me!!!

It seams most regs work fine. I guess the question would be. What are we comparing? Breathability, cold/warm water preformance, Size?? Because most people like their reg if they can breath easily...What does everyone else think?

Lt9:
Does anyone know where i can buy a sherwood first stage by itself without the secound stage? I would like to build a modern day ultima with a sherwood first stage and a poseidon secound stage.

LP (LeisurePro) has a 1st Stage for $167 US but I would check to see if the IP pressure of the sherwood 1st stage is compatible with the poseidon 2nd stage.

My favorite regulator is a Scubapro Mark 20 with Mark 25 upgrade first stage paired with a Scubapro Air 1 second stage. I have two Air 1's. Both mint. I have tried various other Scubapro second stages (D400, G250HP) and have absolutely no desire to switch to any other second stage. If one Air 1 ever gives up the ghost I can start using the other. And Scubapro will always have parts available for annual servicing. While I'm thinking about it, my Scubapro Mark 5 first stage is no slouch either. Built like a tank. Will last a lifetime with proper care.

Atomic T1 :)
I own 2 of these ...

Initially had 1xT1 1st stage + 2 Ti2(B1) seconds.
Later transferred one B1 second stage to an independent 1st stage + added long hose (5 years after initial purchase ...)
Then T1 got converted to DIN!

divematt:
3 HOURS AGO I got on this thread hoping to find an opinion on the best (or in this case) the most popular regulator. After 135 dives with a 12 year old (used) Scubapro MK10/G250 (which has never given me problems) setup I still have no freakin idea which regulator to buy next! I have read with an open mind- what all of you like//buy//swear by// try to push ///// I have to admit that there is much to research. Can anybody, with no reason to push any brand, please try to give us an honest opinion, of a regulator for warm water (above 60 deg) that would be a great choice for the $300.00 to $450.00 range (including first stage). I use a 12 year old MK10/G250 and love it. My girlfriend uses a cheap entry level Mares (which I would never buy). I'm only concerned that it's time to buy myself and my girlfriend a new setup. I don't want to hear about the problems that Scubapro has with their new X650, although I wish that they were resolved. I'm wide open to a simple/ common 3 or 4 hundred dollar setup each. I don't care about cold water freezing, free flows and all of that, as I only dive these fresh water quarry's once in a while(and stay above 47 degrees). I just want a reliable couple of setups that don't have to have 200 dives per year and a $50.00/$100.00 yearly maintenance fee (for replacement parts/labor). If there was a Consumer Reports of regulators for warm water diving for those that don't care if their regulators had (inhale pressures- I don't know the terminology) of .8 or 1.2, just let me know. I'm thinking that the level that I'm looking at is in the Scubapro level of G250/MK16 or MK25. I'd love to hear from those that have had great experiences from the other brands that can do dives from 60 degrees (fresh water) to 84 degrees (salt water). No fancy high tech dives here (yet). I seriously apologize to those with all kinds of experience and opinions about which is the best and second best. There are those of us that can still finish a dive successfully without a serious debate over who's regulator is the best. Again, any opinions on a couple of simple setups that might make the great diving experience a fun and safe vacation. Finally, who can give me a first and second stage, with an adjustable (air intake) if needed, for around $300.00 or $450.00 for water above 60 degrees?

So much thanks,
Matt
Mat, Even though im sure to take a direct hit over this,But I have never used a better 2nd stage than a scubapro D 300. I bought my first in 1984, and have had a lot of time to use and own other rigs, but nothing comes close. ONLY MY HUMBLE OPIONION.

PaulChristenson:
As they used to say on The Family Feud....GREAT ANSWER :)

100 people surveyed, top 5 answers are on the board. Ok, I asked you to name your favorite scuba regulator and you said: "garden hose on the dock while holding a rock to sink".

Show me...Garden hose!

[X]

On a serious note, mine is currently the Zeagle Envoy because it's the only one I've used in my limited career.

Back
Top Bottom