Poseidon Reg (Din or Yoke)??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lingfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

being a newbie, i've just bought a poseidon jetstream regulator. I know it's got a din valve or an adaptor that allows it to be used in a yoke.

Are there any benefits to either?? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking of buying tanks, so which valve should i buy??

Cheers

:eek:ut:

Well since you have a DIN reg, then you should get a DIN tank. However if your LDS can only fill up yokes, then perhaps you could get one of those tanks that can be converted from DIN-YOKE-DIN usage by removing the YOKE part and making it a DIN tank. I used those in the Maladives.

Originally posted by lingfish
Hey guys,

being a newbie, i've just bought a poseidon jetstream regulator. I know it's got a din valve or an adaptor that allows it to be used in a yoke.

Are there any benefits to either?? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking of buying tanks, so which valve should i buy??

Cheers

:eek:ut:

Use DIN if available, always carry your yoke adapter just in case you can't get DIN tanks. If buying tanks, buy DIN. Also get the fill adapter in case the shop can't direct fill DIN. DIN is a very strong connection as opposed to a weak and wobbly yoke connection.

Tom

For tanks I would NOT buy a aluminum 80cft. You can rent those at the dive shop for almost nothing-you then don't have to pay for inspections. Dont' buy aluminum it you want a consistant weighted tank.

I would get LP steel twin tanks. They have almost the same amount of air as HP but have more consistant bouyancy characteristics when empty/full. There maybe some HP tanks that have good bouyancey char. but I'm not sure. You have to look at the "empty/full weights of the tanks. LP tanks have the least amount of weight change since they have they have less gas in them relative to their volume.

Why did you buy a Poseidon Odin?? I think it's a good choice-I have one-but I'm just curious.

Back
Top Bottom