Firestorm of Controversy from SDM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Scuba Diving Magazine (SDM), owner and operator of that "other", rather chaotic mish-mash of an internet website- and publisher of the monthly 120 page 4-color advertisement may have made a "b@@boo".

They printed an ad from Yap/Micronesia in the April '05 edition on Page 105... I think it's part of a Continental Airlines panel. Look in the upper left hand corner.

Now, I want to stress that I could care less, it doesn't bother me a whit, but they did publish what I consider to be a rather tasteful, National Geographic style photo of an Island Gal with some island beads as a shirt. Dat's it.

For a magazine that gets hollered at by readers when they have swimsuit photos, this is a big step. In that it's an ad, I don't imagine we'll see any indgignant letters to the editor- but I don't imagine that you'll be seeing that ad again.

Let the indignant posturing begin!

I had to go pull it out and see it for myself, I must say you have an attention for detail... I would blaze right over it without a second thought..

OrlandoRanger:
I had to go pull it out and see it for myself, I must say you have an attention for detail... I would blaze right over it without a second thought..

As my SO (a.k.a.: "Herself") says, I never miss a b@@b.

There are, IMHO, more important problems (and non-problems) in the world than pictures of islanders with exposed breasts. I guess the indignant must have a lower offence threshold than I do... or more free time.

I'm sure it was an accident.. The beads shifted at the last minute when the picture was taken.. Or there was probably a buncha pics taken, trying to get the beads in just the right place, and they got the wrong pic after all that hard work the photographer spent trying to get it right.

Or maybe someone's just trying to re-live the Janet Jackson incident.

Back
Top Bottom