List your favorite Texas dive sites....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's in Huntsville. You get muddy if you go below 26 feet. It's an old sandstone quarry, but has little life due to acid water (pine country). Several boats to explore.

jcpol:
It's in Huntsville. You get muddy if you go below 26 feet. It's an old sandstone quarry, but has little life due to acid water (pine country). Several boats to explore.

prettiest water in the state. Call before you go though, I drove 3 hours and the kid that was working that day didn't have access to the air fill station. :crying:

for a short drive from my house and a Good Time!
I like Athens Scuba Park. you can test-out your
new gear before you jump off a boat into the ocean
just to find out there something wrong with it :06:

GotAir
www.athensscubapark.com

DFW Airport to dive into a plane and head to clear/warm tropical water

BillP:
there's a sunken shark sculpture, a boat, and an old airplane fuselage (mock-up?)

Enjoy!

FYI, the airplane fuselage is from an actual aircraft. It saw service with American Eagle. I don't know the exact model, but I have a couple of friends who are pilots for American Eagle, and Southwest, both of whom recognized my description of the fuselage, and confirmed that it is from an actual aircraft.

Regards!

IslandFrog:
FYI, the airplane fuselage is from an actual aircraft. It saw service with American Eagle. I don't know the exact model, but I have a couple of friends who are pilots for American Eagle, and Southwest, both of whom recognized my description of the fuselage, and confirmed that it is from an actual aircraft.

Regards!

Actually, it looks more like a flight simulator. It is very boxy and doesn't taper toward either end. It is about as long as a bus and approximately the same dimensions. No wings, elevator or rudder and no indication that it ever had them. Just squared off at the back. It has a seat or two in the passenger compartment and you can sit in the cockpit and get your picture taken through the windshield...

ZzzKing:
Actually, it looks more like a flight simulator. It is very boxy and doesn't taper toward either end. It is about as long as a bus and approximately the same dimensions. No wings, elevator or rudder and no indication that it ever had them. Just squared off at the back. It has a seat or two in the passenger compartment and you can sit in the cockpit and get your picture taken through the windshield...

I didn't check when I was diving on it but it looked like an ATR to me. They are a boxy prop regional that American Eagle uses. The lack of wings and tail doesn't necessarrily mean it never had any. I'll have to peak at the end when I'm back in a couple weeks. If it had a tail, there should be lugs or bolt holes where the fittings used to be.

Back
Top Bottom