Tattoos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepDiver36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Post pictures of your diving tats. The wife and I are heading to Cancun on Saturday and are debating getting a scuba related tat. Please show me yours so I may get some ideas. :D

Thanks.

Attachments

• lawrence_diver_skull_01.jpg
    lawrence_diver_skull_01.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5,201
That is real cool Don. Did you design it?

I did a search before I posted and spent some time looking through those posts with mixed results. Some still has pics but many had dead links and others were just descriptions. Thanks for the post.

I keep forgetting that the hacker got alot of the links. No, I saw a photo like it a few years ago and decided IF I ever got a tat, that would be it. From time to time I would stop at a tat place and show it to them to see if they could draw it. Most said no and the one's that said yes, I didn't like their work. I found this guy in Oxford, MS. and showed it to him. He had it drawn perfectly on the template in an hour. He used 27 colors and took 4 hours but it was perfect.

I will post some pictures of my dive tattoos tonight.

You may have very well done research...so this might be a moot point, but does Mexico have the same health code inspections that the U.S. does? If you go to an unreputable tattoo parlor you can be in a world of hurt later (Hep C among other things). I am very particular about my tattoo shops and once I found a really good/really clean place (here in the U.S.) I stuck with it.

You may have very well done research...so this might be a moot point, but does Mexico have the same health code inspections that the U.S. does? .

I would think that if the shop is in a reputable resort area that they'd be a little more strict on health issues then one of the little shops in the slummy areas, lol..
But personally, I'd also stick to my local shop because I know the people who work there and its a super clean shop..
Check the place out... ask about their equipment.... watch someone getting tattooed (if they let you)... Appearance is a big thing-- if the place doesn't look clean, chances are neither is their equipment..

I wouldn't have one done while on vacation. Since I'm going to wear it for a very long time, there'd no rush to have it done elsewhere unless getting the tattoo is the purpose of the trip.

I have a diving tattoo that goes all the way around my leg. The photos aren't that great but it's difficult to photograph the whole thing. Here 'ya go though.

They should be clickable to show a larger photo.

Shane

Attachments

• DSC_2264.jpg
    DSC_2264.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_2265.jpg
    DSC_2265.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_2266.jpg
    DSC_2266.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_2267.jpg