Suggestion Why is trolling ok in all forums except DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Or, is it that DIR is a special "no trolling zone" where fines are doubled?

I'm mystified....

I never cease to be amazed at the things that I obviously don't have enough information about to properly understand....

chrpai:
Then you should know that I only lurke over there and never post.

Would someone please change his post to

"I used to lurk over there..."

chrpai:
Click "New Posts" and tell me how to make posts from a forum not appear. In fact I had dozens of forums removed.

I see. Its either a lack of self-control (irresistable urge to post whenever you see the title to a thread) or lack of basic reading comprehension (unknowingly responding to a thread that is clearly labelled as belonging to the DIR forum).

Either way, this appears to be issue residing somewhere between your fingertips and the space between your ears.

For example, I don't enjoy most NDR posts. Lo and behold, I don't read them!!! Whoopeeeeee!!!!. Hurrah!!!!! No annoying posts.

All because of a little thing most of us learned in the early years of grade school (hint: its called reading).

If it helps, you can try moving your lips until you get the hang of it.

Everyone chill out and calm down.

Chad

This is the point where we all go "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"?

"Serenity Now"!

This thread has departed considerably from the intent of my original post....triggered by a post from a mod talking about trolling in the DIR forum exacting punishment that wouldn't (to me anyway, at the time) have been meeted out in the nonDIR forums...

Since the mods have long ago addressed that question, can we move on....and maybe talk about something really cool like diving?

Perhaps someone else can start a cool thread and we can let this one die?

For the record...

1) Some of you are going a bit over the top for even this forum.

2) Trolling is not allowed in any forum (we call it harrassment) but seems to be so prevalent when it comes to DIR that we put a reminder and made the bar a tad higher to keep a lid on it.

3) Trolls, DIR or not, are idiots who like to hear themselves talk.

Back
Top Bottom