Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent the bank holiday weekend diving off a boat in the English Channel on three different wrecks. Nice to do the shakedown dives for the new season.

Was 10C/50F diving around 40m/132ft with about 2h runtime per dive.

The 1m/3ft to 2m/6ft visibility due to the "May rot" seasonal algal bloom meant the dives were all very much solo dives. Literally saw just one diver over the whole weekend and he was heading up under his bag!

I dived with my newly repaired Blacktip scooter, mostly running on the slowest speed to avoid bumping into the wrecks! The good news was the Blacktip was dry after every dive!!! Yay, the first time I’ve seen that as it is my first DPV and I didn’t realise that dry means dry, not mildly moist as in drysuits :cool:

Nice. Dive Tutukaka or under your own steam? Where did you go?
With Dive Tutukaka. We dove Maomao arch and Oculina Point.

Our boat is out of the water getting some repairs :-(

Attachments

• PoorKnightsDiveSites.jpg
    PoorKnightsDiveSites.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 10
With Dive Tutukaka. We dove Maomao arch and Oculina Point.

Our boat is out of the water getting some repairs :-(

Hey, I made this map years ago when I was diving the Knights at least every other weekend. If you want a high resolution copy, let me know.

Map-Poor-Knights-Dive-Sites.jpg

Back
Top Bottom