What's in your bag, travel tips & tricks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My fingertips also peel for a good week after diving. I attribute it to getting pruning fingers after diving. I loathe the sensation of washing my face and handling contact lenses with nasty, pruney fingers! I have researched the reason as to why my fingers get so wrinkly after diving and it seems to be from vascular constriction causing skin overlapping. I also have thyroid issues which also contribute to the pruning fingers. The peeling afterward is definitely related. Honestly, the lotions seem to make it worse. I have started to massage and rub my finger tips while diving, and thoroughly drying them off during surface intervals. It seems to help reduce the pruning and subsequent peeling. I can imagine that tugging and pulling off a wetsuit would only exacerbate the macerated skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom