Southwest Leaving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In IAH I think that when you leave the baggage carousel area through the Customs gate you are leaving the secure area; I am pretty sure you can go from there to the exit doors to ground transportation without going through any other door that you cannot re enter. In Hobby you are clearly out of the secure area on the way to your connecting flight because you pass right by the ticketing counters.

But of course I agree that there is no apparent (to me, anyway) reason to route continuing travelers through an unsecure area.

Just to follow up, I returned to the U.S. last night and the doors on both ends of the re-check area - after customs and before ground transport - are literally covered with NO RE-ENTRY signs and warnings, plus after exiting the last doors after re-check you are in an enclosed corridor for another 50-100 feet with lots of arrows and more big warning signs at the end to not enter.

Delta and United obviously have it in for you; what did you do to piss them off? :D

Bought tickets, I guess.

I am nice to everyone in the airport, always. It's a high stress environment for a lot of people and a little good nature goes a long way. I have been upgraded to first class (the only time I've ever flown 1st class) because I was really nice to a counter agent on a really stressful day. That's why the treatment by the Delta people really irks me! I did nothing to deserve it. And I only told you about the worst one! I dunno, maybe I looked like her ex husband or something. :D

Don't think so. The airport and immigration will just staff less folks.
You are like a mind reader. Came in yesterday. 2 other planes there but I think were clear of the process. We made it through maybe a touch faster but there was one agent in the regular line and one in the MX/crew line. The crew line guy would occasionally take someone from the other line. Still it wasnt bad. Baggage took the usual amount of time and the customs line was a tad faster.

Back
Top Bottom