Sharkskin T2 temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JediCheese

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking at buying a Sharkskin T2 top + good. Diving in Socal area so mid 60s on up for water temp. I have an old used 6.5 farmer + top but it's difficult to get into and a simpler top would be nice to take off during surface intervals.

I've read up on this board regarding the T2 but does anyone have experience mismatching a 4-5 mil to with a thicker farmer?

Also curious, I have the older sharkskin, honestly I find it not as warm as my 1mm suit but it makes a good under garment for my neoprene drysuit, I’ve thought about the T2 top as a layer for my shell suit but waiting for some sort of sale.

I’ve worn the T2 down to 62F and it was “fine”…but it was only one dive and less than 40min. For me…I would stay above 70F as I find it to be less warm than my Bare 3mm but warmer than skin only (obviously). So maybe a 2mm comparison?

I’ve worn the T2 down to 62F and it was “fine”…but it was only one dive and less than 40min. For me…I would stay above 70F as I find it to be less warm than my Bare 3mm but warmer than skin only (obviously). So maybe a 2mm comparison?
Not what I was hoping to hear.

Was hoping it would work because Sharkskin is running a deal on the top + hood, and the hood looks like it's ideal for the conditions I'll be diving in.

Back
Top Bottom