Solved: Search DM's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a coder, so excuse my ignorance (and maybe there's already a way to do it, that would make me super ignorant!).

If not available my suggestion would be able to "search" private messages. I find myself having to scroll through pages looking for a conversation, and then having to look through pages of that conversation. Is that something that could be easily instrumented?

If you're having that many private convos, why not take it offline to email or text?

If you're having that many private convos, why not take it offline to email or text?
I do and have. I have phone numbers and emails, etc. But I still have DM's going back to 2017 when I joined? Even if I wrote 1 DM a month for the last 60 months that's still a few pages of messages?

It's great when I want to search something here on the open forums and boom, there it is...

If it were me, id copy and paste each thread into a one note file and be done with it lol

If it were me, id copy and paste each thread into a one note file and be done with it lol
I've actually been thinking about asking about this for a while, just too lazy to start the thread. So your suggestion of copy / paste just wouldn't work for me... I shiverd just thinking about it.:D

You can if you go Red!

:sbtinylogo: ScubaBoard Supporters can search your direct messages by clicking on your DM/envelope icon and the Show all option. Then Click the Conversation search button.

1639425557578.png

You can if you go Red!

I did last year, I guess it only lasts a year. I will again. Christmas and just getting over covid has us pretty strapped for the moment, but I do like to support SB when I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom