Scubagaskets getting into the Reg business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if only to maintain my reputation as a Mk25 hater,

So you are finally coming out of the closet and admitting it publicly?? I knew it and said it before, you are a "hater" šŸ¤ šŸ¤ 

Just chatted with the owner of Scubagaskets, and it turns out that they've been in development with Narwhal for the HotDive for some years now. This is not a sudden decision.
Sure, Narwhal may OEM this for more than one brand, just like WMD and others, but Scubagaskets has been in on this early, and as I suggested, is influencing design factors beyond the branding.
As for cost differences, at least part of the difference is Scubagaskets policy of a uniform shipping shipping fee anywhere in the world, apparently even if multiple (heavy) regs are purchased. And then you also have the benefit of a company to turn to for problems, rather than an anonymous factory 10,000 miles away. That has some modest value, in and of itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom