Perdix 2 Air pressure difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wizbangdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I both have the Perdix 2, purchased at the same time. We have used them on 3 trips so far. This last trip, I noticed that her pressure was always 150-200 psi lower than mine. I finally connected hers to a tank, got a reading of 2908. Connected my reg to the same tank and got a reading of 3076.

Is this a problem with the transmitter or is there a way to "reset" or calibrate the system? Thanks.

It’s a difference of the pressure sensor in the transmitters. Nothing to do with the Perdix at all. The Perdix just displays the info sent by the transmitter. A while back I tested a couple of my transmitters against each other. They were a bit closer than yours. However, I would expect the difference you see may still be within tolerance.

Nothing you can do to recalibrate them.

Weird, because this is the first time they've been this different. The outfit we dive with fills their tanks on a large bank of course, so the tanks always end up being pretty close to the same. That's what got me checking into this. Haven't seen a difference since we bought them, until now. Could something have changed in the transmitter?

Frozen Fetzer valve? Gonna need some ball bearings, 3-in-1 oil, gauze pads, and about ten quarts of anti-freeze (preferably Prestone) . . .

Seriously, I suspect that this variance will likely be within spec?

Did you hook an SPG up to decide the winner? Note that a manual SPG in and of itself is probably more suspect than either sending unit. Compare to the fill station's gauge upon fill? Did you swap them out from reg to reg first stage (not talking swapping regs on the same tank, but swapping the pressure transducers from reg to reg?

Have an easy check tank gauge?

I run two transmitters on my primary and usually like them to stay in sync so I get it, but if you go by the most conservative one, it should be OK on a dive? 500 vs 700 at the end of a dive? 500 vs 300? Who's pressure limits dives? Does she use more air faster than you?

If you WERE able to calibrate them, which would you assume is the "right" one?

Also, are these Swift transducers or the MH8A generics? Is there a split in the age/mfg date?

I like nice full 3,000# fills, but I don't usually quibble with a 2,850-2,900# after all the shouting is done.

Frozen Fetzer valve? Gonna need some ball bearings, 3-in-1 oil, gauze pads, and about ten quarts of anti-freeze (preferably Prestone) . . .

Seriously, I suspect that this variance will likely be within spec?

Did you hook an SPG up to decide the winner? Note that a manual SPG in and of itself is probably more suspect than either sending unit. Compare to the fill station's gauge upon fill? Did you swap them out from reg to reg first stage (not talking swapping regs on the same tank, but swapping the pressure transducers from reg to reg?

Have an easy check tank gauge?

I run two transmitters on my primary and usually like them to stay in sync so I get it, but if you go by the most conservative one, it should be OK on a dive? 500 vs 700 at the end of a dive? 500 vs 300? Who's pressure limits dives? Does she use more air faster than you?

If you WERE able to calibrate them, which would you assume is the "right" one?

Also, are these Swift transducers or the MH8A generics? Is there a split in the age/mfg date?

I like nice full 3,000# fills, but I don't usually quibble with a 2,850-2,900# after all the shouting is done.
Agree on all points (and love the movie reference). It's more of a curiosity thing and also wondering what has changed from when they were new.

Its only 168psi. I use more than that, to cook rice.

I'd just ignore it. I never expect my guages to be that accurate.

Its only 168psi. I use more than that, to cook rice.

I'd just ignore it. I never expect my guages to be that accurate.
Yeah, I'll ignore it for now, but keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't change much more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom