Juliet crossing time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nydivetripper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,
I'm taking The Juliet in June to the Bahamas. I'm wondering if any of you have taken the trip and remember what the crossing was like. I'm hoping to sleep through it.

The crossing is a full 6 hours, maybe more. I think we left port around 3 and were told we'd be through around 10. If I'm misremembering I hope someone will chime it to correct me. And we were rocking and rolling pretty hard for much of it. I think if you plan for it, medicate, and plan on staying stationary for a bit, it helps.

I’ve wanted to do the Juliet, but haven’t yet. However, this is from a trip report that I remembered from about 3 years ago. Probably hasn’t changed much, if at all.

Looking forward to your trip report. Have a great time!

Erik

ETA: You can get to the full report by clicking the arrow next to Kimela’s name.

As far as I know there are a couple of spots open if you get in touch with Easy Divers Tennessee. June 8th I think.

Hi everyone,
I'm taking The Juliet in June to the Bahamas. I'm wondering if any of you have taken the trip and remember what the crossing was like. I'm hoping to sleep through it.
Took the trip last year in May. Our crossing was really rough – the boat rolled big time. It was an exhilarating experience and I had complete faith in Captain Nate. He had briefed us to pre-medicate. Quite a few divers got sea sick. Seas were calm on the return to Miami.

The Juliet is an awesome schooner, however a strobe isn't placed on the mooring line for night dives. Not an issue if staying under the lights of the boat, but the lights can quickly disappear when distracted. Since I am navigationally challenged, I'll take a strobe if I dive with the Juliet in the future. Enjoy your trip!

Took the trip last year in May. Our crossing was really rough – the boat rolled big time. It was an exhilarating experience and I had complete faith in Captain Nate. He had briefed us to pre-medicate. Quite a few divers got sea sick. Seas were calm on the return to Miami.

The Juliet is an awesome schooner, however a strobe isn't placed on the mooring line for night dives. Not an issue if staying under the lights of the boat, but the lights can quickly disappear when distracted. Since I am navigationally challenged, I'll take a strobe if I dive with the Juliet in the future. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you! I'm going to Dramamine up beforehand for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom