Heading to Cancun for family diving - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jandmd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

We will be in Cancun for 10 days in June. We are looking for a reputable dive shop, and some suggestions. My wife and I are solid divers, with ~ 80 dives, but the kids (18 and 16) got certified in the Caymans last year and only have 6-8 dives each. We have been told that either MUSA Underwater Museum + Manchones reef or doing a two reef dive in the Punta Cancun outside reefs. Anyone have some other suggestions? I would like to do Cenote diving someday but I don't think they are ready yet (and it seems to be ~ $300/person). Also if anyone has done whale shark swimming would appreciate hearing your thoughts on if it was worth it. Thanks so much.

Jeremy

Only used them for my OW cert, but AquaWorld has friendly and seemingly knowledgeable staff. I’ve done several snorkeling excursions with them. They did MUSA and Manchones each of my two OW days. I like them, but I haven’t tried anyone else, because they are conveniently located right across the street from the Paradisus, where I stay when in Cancun and have a booth on premise.

DM us and we can set you up for diving the cenotes with our private guide, maybe consider to go to Cozumel for a day of awesome diving, we can assist you with that also. Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom