Suggestion Flip ordering of year vs day/month in public display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Ski_Lounge

Ski_Lounge

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can we flip the ordering of the year of birth vs day & month of birth? I'm quite okay with displaying my age, less willing to indicate day/month for privacy reasons.

1661460117221.png

I like this idea. Some folks will have the opposite preference. Maybe we could make the year independent from the day/month entirely?

So long as I can say No to both.

An idea: Make year, month, day independently selectable. Everyone will be happy then.

Motivation: This would allow the display of:
  • Year, month, day
  • Year, month
  • Month, day
  • Month
  • No date
  • Those lucky enough to be born in january could say they're born, e.g., on "7th, 1980" :D

Can we flip the ordering of the year of birth vs day & month of birth? I'm quite okay with displaying my age, less willing to indicate day/month for privacy reasons.

I agree, a lot of nefarious identity theft can be done with your name and DOB (Date of Birth).

I suggested this years ago when ScubaBoard first switched to xenForo from vBulletin software, which had this feature. I can make a formal suggestion to xenForo now that I am a Staff member.

Motivation: This would allow the display of:
  • Year, month, day
  • Year, month
  • Month, day
  • Month
  • No date

The software uses our day and month for birthday greetings and the year for displaying your age in our profiles. Is there a reason that someone would want the month and not the date or date and not the month to display?

The software uses our day and month for birthday greetings and the year for displaying your age in our profiles. Is there a reason that someone would want the month and not the date or date and not the month to display?
Nothing that I can think of.

I suggested something that would make everyone happy, but you've given us two good reasons to choose one of these:
year, month, day
month and day
year only
nothing

Back
Top Bottom