Do you wear a dive watch? (not computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all those yearning for a vintage dive watch check out this site. I am not affiliated, just a local shop.
Diver & Or Big Watches — Cool Vintage Watches

Personally, my Seamaster is on my left wrist for every dive and my Perdix on my right.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 115105.png

I'm a watch enthusiast and have a small collection, but I'm still hunting for the right dive watch. I love the idea of using a watch for it's (historical) intended purpose (and of course still using a computer), but really enjoy when the desk diver watch goes for a dip. I've got my eye on a Christopher Ward C60, but it'll take a while to save up for.
just not worth it for me

I spotted @rsingler wearing a yellow face Doxa 300 (?) at Beneath the Sea this year and now I want one.

Of course, there's also Steve Zissou's gem...
1714681090641.png

Ditto.....^..... This, not one that big, that is.
3 of my Seikos are at 3 o'clock they are small enough not to bother me.

I've got an old Citizen Promaster with the stem on the left. Never really thought about it until once when I took it in for a battery change and the guy at the store commented on it.

I've come to not like watches with the 3:00 stem....
For me, it depends on the case size. For 42mm cases I prefer the crown at 4:00. But for classic “skin diver” cases that are usually around 39-40mm with short lugs, a 3:00 crown is fine and is more in keeping with the historic look.

I am not going to look .
I am almost cured of this obsession, 2 years 'dry' [no watch bought].
I wear a watch every day, has to be 200m min.
This is the only one that changes by it self.
Sorry about the poor old photo an early mobile phone camera that was rubbish.
Who remembered to change their watch May the 1st ?

20201019_124157.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom