Question Dive Ops in Moorea, Papeete & Raiatea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
living4experiences

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be on a transpacific cruise next April from Australia to Hawaii and we are stopping in Raiatea, Papeete, and Moorea. Never been to these islands and would like to dive. If you have any recommendations for dive operators, much appreciated. Thanks!

I will be on a transpacific cruise next April from Australia to Hawaii and we are stopping in Raiatea, Papeete, and Moorea. Never been to these islands and would like to dive. If you have any recommendations for dive operators, much appreciated. Thanks!
That’s a very long cruise. I dove Moorea. There were only a couple of companies operating. I contacted the ones I found online by email and WhatsApp . I made the mistake of not booking and leaving a deposit a month in advance. The spaces do sell out. They are not all operating year round. The dives were fine, clear warm water but nothing more interesting that what I saw in Bali or Thailand. I got stung by a marine animal in Moorea. Recommend wearing a full wetsuit or full body rash guard in the water. I’ve read Tahiti has less good diving. The other island is smaller and more remote.

Hi Trish,

Both the dives were great. Our weather wasn't the best in Raiatea but the diving was great. Got in the water and there were six sharks circling the boat further down in the water. They were going to take us to the Bora Bora pass but because of the weather they couldn't. The private dive in Moorea was great and that is where I got to see the Nemo fish. We saw two to four adults ones and a couple of teenagers. It was great.

Good luck with whatever you decide - I don't think you can go wrong diving in either spot.

Have fun,
cruzboun

Hi Trish,

Both the dives were great. Our weather wasn't the best in Raiatea but the diving was great. Got in the water and there were six sharks circling the boat further down in the water. They were going to take us to the Bora Bora pass but because of the weather they couldn't. The private dive in Moorea was great and that is where I got to see the Nemo fish. We saw two to four adults ones and a couple of teenagers. It was great.

Good luck with whatever you decide - I don't think you can go wrong diving in either spot.

Have fun,
cruzboun
Thanks so much! That is very helpful. Trish

Hi Trish,

Have fun,
cruzboun
I tried most dive operators in Moorea and had the same problem. They aren't able to accommodate a morning dive. So now I am reaching our to Raiatea So we will snorkel in Moorea. Trying to find a scooter rental place so we can go snorkel at a few places. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom