Caribbean Dive Resort Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to take a look at Turquoise Bay, Roatan
Turquoise Bay looks awesome. But being Roatan, I'm concerned about it meeting my two picky requirements:
- Safe drinking water anywhere on the island
- Safe food anywhere on the island (meaning you don't have to worry about what the lettuce and fruit were washed in)

I'd love to try Roatan but the concern lingers.

Turquoise Bay looks awesome. But being Roatan, I'm concerned about it meeting my two picky requirements:
- Safe drinking water anywhere on the island
- Safe food anywhere on the island (meaning you don't have to worry about what the lettuce and fruit were washed in)

I'd love to try Roatan but the concern lingers.
We did Turquoise Bay in 2021. Great resort and excellent dive shop. Going there means you’ll most likely spend most of your time there, eating and drinking their all inclusive stuff. They’re not really close to many restaurants and definitely not walkable to anything. They do have purified water for you. Drinks and all food were very safe at TB.

If you go…try the Monkey La La drink. Yum!!!

We did Turquoise Bay in 2021. Great resort and excellent dive shop. Going there means you’ll most likely spend most of your time there, eating and drinking their all inclusive stuff. They’re not really close to many restaurants and definitely not walkable to anything. They do have purified water for you. Drinks and all food were very safe at TB.

If you go…try the Monkey La La drink. Yum!!!
Great info - thanks!

Another option on Roatan is CocoView Resort. Their dive operation is the best land operation I’ve seen. They make it so easy. It’s like a liveaboard but from land. In the am you get a moored dive and then a drop off dive at one of the 2 walls in front of their resort that ends with you swimming back to shore, right up to the resort. The afternoon dive will be the same, a moored dive and then a drop off. You can do as many shore dives as you want at any time of day or night.

It’s all inclusive and not much to do other than dive. I would definitely not take a non diver here. It’s on its own little island. When I was there last they did have 1 night a week they offered to take guests to an off resort restaurant. Other than that it’s a little extra work to go to other restaurants.

The main objective here is dive, dive, dive.

Depends what you are looking for and what style dive trip you want. For a full service resort with dive op and boat on site look at lions dive resort and ocean encounters dive op. We have stayed there a couple times and can highly recommend the resort but never dove from there. We do our diving and stays out in wespunt diving with go west. We stay at places nearby and with kitchens. Nos krusero lodging is across the street and you could boat dive every day with go west and also have access to arguably the best shore dive site on the island. All west apt is a two minute drive away and also has its own house reef.

They are on the process of rehabbing a resort on site at gowest but have not heard when that will reopen.

We mostly shore dive on Curacao. Eat breakfast in and one meal out a day.
When you stayed at Lions Dive, did you get a Sleep and Dive package? If so, did you book it by email? We've got a good offer by email for them.

I did not dive while at lions dive. Just relaxing after a week of diving out in west punt. We booked our room on their website and it looked like the best deal. It also included free airport shuttle for booking directly.

A couple years ago, we spent 30 days at the Sunscape Resort (AI type resort) in Curacao, and split our diving between Ocean Encounters for boat dives and The Dive Bus for shore dives. Both dive ops are outstanding. Next time, we will use Lion's Dive for lodging as others have mentioned, because the food at Sunscape while safe, was not as good as it could/should have been. Many dishes, especially the entrees were overcooked, which may be a problem with AI resorts, but it was plentiful and easily available. No hunting for where to eat your next meal. The food was the only thing we were critical of at the resort. Ocean Encounters picked us up at the Sunscape dock, and The Dive Bus was across the street from the north end of the resort. Don't discount doing shore dives in Curacao. Much easier by far than the ironshore entries/exits at Bonaire. Drinking water is de-salinized, and safe to drink in Curacao as in Bonaire.

Besides Grand Cayman and Bonaire, Curacao is the only place in the Caribbean that I know about where you can safely drink the water and eat the food.

Back
Top Bottom