Can an M4/3 setup be as versatile as TG6 for macro & wide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the 12-42 ED

Which version of the 12-42 do you have? I don't have one as I have the 12-50 so I am not sure of the difference between the two versions of the OLY 12-42 or which one to get, do you know?

Which version of the 12-42 do you have? I don't have one as I have the 12-50 so I am not sure of the difference between the two versions of the OLY 12-42 or which one to get, do you know?
There are two versions of the 14-42.
I have the first one the ED.
I had the 12-50 in the fancy port, but sold the port and just use the lens on land.

There are two versions of the 14-42.
I have the first one the ED.
I had the 12-50 in the fancy port, but sold the port and just use the lens on land.

Are there reasons to get one not the other? I can't tell the difference between the two except that one retracts to smaller size when the camera is turned off.

I suggest to the OP that it is what many UW photographers want, I have that want as well.
My preference for the future, assuming no technical impediments is one lens to rule them all from 1-1 to CFWA with excellent optics. Ain't gonna happen in my limited lifetime.
I will satisfy part of my future cravings for the backscatter hybrid flash HF1

Are there reasons to get one not the other? I can't tell the difference between the two except that one retracts to smaller size when the camera is turned off.
The ED does not change length while in use, and uses a shorter port. It works better with wet lenses.

I suggest to the OP that it is what many UW photographers want, I have that want as well.
My preference for the future, assuming no technical impediments is one lens to rule them all from 1-1 to CFWA with excellent optics. Ain't gonna happen in my limited lifetime.
I will satisfy part of my future cravings for the backscatter hybrid flash HF1
Yes, I've got the HF-1 in my cart - just can't decide if I should get one for now or just bite the bullet and get 2. Maybe 2 of those strobes and a wide lens for my TG6 will satisfy the upgraditis for the time being.

Yes, I've got the HF-1 in my cart - just can't decide if I should get one for now or just bite the bullet and get 2. Maybe 2 of those strobes and a wide lens for my TG6 will satisfy the upgraditis for the time being.
Get 2 as I am dying to see how they go..I sold my house and downsized so have the cash but I'm too bloody conservative to buy a pair. I will be watching closely.

I have both; ED has a servo driven zoom, so, it is bit fiddly to adjust the zoom. I also did struggle to find a zoom ring for it. I rarely ever use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom