Best of Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

diveaddict123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone, interested to know how you would rank the following destinations, assuming you have been to all of them. Budget is not a consideration, just quality of the diving overall.

- Raja Ampat Central and South
- Triton Bay
- Komodo North and South
- Alor North and South
- Halmahera Proco Island, Sali bay, Kusu island area

@diveaddict123

You're asking for a ranking of some of the very best diving Indonesia has to offer, yet you never mention what criteria you are suggesting is important to you.

For example: the list ordering would be very different if you were looking exclusively for macro, vs. fish life, visibility, large pelagics, comfort, etc.

For example - my family tends to alternate our diving destinations based on subjects that interest us. We are leaving for Lembeh in about a week (after being in Anilao a few months ago), Raja Ampat last year, followed by Komodo last summer. None of these were first time trips to these destinations for us. After two macro-focused trips we're headed to the Solomons in the late summer (again, mostly because we know the diving will be very different there vs. Lembeh/Anilao or even Raja Ampat - it's similar in places to Komodo, but with 99% less divers).

Thank you everyone for your input. I was just interested to hear your overall thoughts and impressions. Raja Ampat and Komodo are obvious favourites, but the increasing crowds means we (and others) are looking for new places. I just wanted to know how these less-known places measure up to the world-renowned destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom