Atomic B2 hose swivel stiff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smashweights

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all!

Relatively new diver and just got my first set of personal gear a few weeks ago. For those of you with an Atomic B2 regulator, how stiff is the swivel joint at the second stage when the system is pressurized? I have about 20 dives over 3 weeks on mine and the swivel doesn't move with me and I have to use my hands to adjust the swivel angle. I was diving with a buddy who got the same reg from the same shop at the same time and his moves much more freely with the system pressurized. The regulator works fine otherwise and the swivel moves freely when the system isn't pressurized. I have rinsed it liberally with water after every dive. I emailed Atomic support and they just said if the regulator works, not an issue an there is a range of tolerances...

I know this is pretty subjective, just trying to get an idea if there's an issue or something I should be doing differently with this. Thanks!

Yup, this is normal with the second stage swivel. It’s not a bad thing when you can set the best angle, but it certainly doesn’t move with you naturally. I thought that I would appreciate it more than I did, but the reg is still great!

Thanks all, the Atomic rep just sent me a video showing a pressurized swivel and normal movement and seemed to take similar force to mine to move. Appreciate it!​

Back
Top Bottom