AOI UH-EM1 III housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI Guys, I have bought the AOI housing for my EM1 mk2. I have charged the trigger battery up in it but the blue light is flashing which according to the instructions means it's not charged.
Any ideas of what is wrong either me or it!!!
The only thing I can think of offhand is that you have to charge it a certain way; either with it on or off, can't remember which. At least, I think that was the case with my copy of that housing. I now have the one for the OM-1, and it charges either way. Did it flash green when plugged in? Otherwise, how fast is the blue LED flashing? My instructions say 4 times per second means low charge, slow flashing means ready to go.

Thanks Furnari, when I connect it the charging light flashes for a couple of mins then goes solid.
I tried charging it overnight (turned on) but no difference. I watched a backscatter video and it showed the light flash to operate the strobes coming through the connectors on the front of the housing. I get a very faint flash but you have to look hard to see it.
Just put it on long charging (turned off) and hope that is the issue but it ain't looking good and I am away on a trip in 2.5 weeks.

I don't know about the EM-1 housing but my AOI OM-1 housing trigger uses near IR LEDs that you can barely see by eye (very faint red) but it triggers all my strobes (S&S, Inon, BS MF2, BS MF1, and the AOIs.
Good fibers are the key
BVA

I don't know about the EM-1 housing but my AOI OM-1 housing trigger uses near IR LEDs that you can barely see by eye (very faint red) but it triggers all my strobes (S&S, Inon, BS MF2, BS MF1, and the AOIs.
Good fibers are the key
BVA
Interesting Bill, I'll look into it today.

Had a long chat with the supplier and he thinks like you Bill that it's the cables. I have ordered 2 SnS cables bloody expensive $260AU + ship, 16% of the cost of housing.
I took the housing into a cupboard under the stairs and could see both red lights flashing, so I am hopeful that is the issue.
BTW I looked at IR leds from the front of the housing several times this morning and couldn't see any flash that's why I tried it in the cupboard.

You could of course make your own cables for way less. :p
Bill

I made my own cables for a fair while until I could buy them cheap. Never thought about buying the cable and doing it myself. Is that cable 261 cores available generally?

You could of course make your own cables for way less. :p
Bill
HI Bill, The cables arrived yesterday and 'Lo and behold' it works. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom